July's birthstone brings us the deep spark of ruby. The stone was once believed to contain a drop of the earth's blood & stories tell that rubies were self-luminous. Called the 'lamp stone', Hindu priests believed that the homes of the gods were lit by enormous emeralds and rubies and Greek legends told the story of a female stork, who repaid the kindness of Heraclea by bringing her a brilliant ruby so bright that it illuminated Heraclea’s room at night. Here are some of our own luminous creations - our best-selling Ruby Strand with 18k beads alongside our Gem Vine Earrings, here paired beautifully with Garnet & Ruby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search This Blog
Popular Posts
-
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. ~Albert Camus
-
Now that it's springtime, all I can do is think about plants of every kind. I can't walk past my garden without pruning, planting or...
-
Our very good friend Brooke Williams is an artist, writer, dj & mom - to name just a few of things she excels at. In one of her many gu...
-
Summer! The sun is shining after an entire month of clouds and rain. I picked these today at our farmshare and felt like I was in heaven wit...
-
I feel so lucky to have the job of buying the antique jewelry we sell and now and then I just can't part with it. Truly,...









No comments:
Post a Comment