Rebekah came into the studio last week wearing this necklace that her husband gave her for an anniversary gift many years ago. It sparked a conversation about the splendor of Sapphires - both of these pieces below being great examples of the natural, saturated palette found in precious stones. The necklace is woven with 18k loops connecting earthy oranges, greens & yellows. These are high quality gems that hold the light while having a stunning transparency. The bracelet (another gift) has 14k beads offsetting the deep blue hues exaggerated by the fade from dark to light. These are (technically) lower quality sapphires as they're opaque, but the richness they offer alongside the gold are nothing short of stunning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search This Blog
Popular Posts
-
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. ~Albert Camus
-
Our very good friend Brooke Williams is an artist, writer, dj & mom - to name just a few of things she excels at. In one of her many gu...
-
I find gardens so inspirational. Whether they are classic, country, modern, wild, rumbled, overgrown or secret. Each one is unique and gives...
-
Now that it's springtime, all I can do is think about plants of every kind. I can't walk past my garden without pruning, planting or...
-
We have some new antique Edwardian and Victorian rings in the store. Come in and check them out before they are gone.







No comments:
Post a Comment